Honeywell CMS927 and Intergas

Like all the internet enabled systems reviews that are more than 6 months old are out of date the system gets revised so often!!

The new stats are sexy touch screen units. One black and one white.

They look similar to an iPhone type thingy

Sponsored Links
The boiler and thermostat is for my Dad. I don't think he has ever touched it :) It's a CM900 and works well/does what he needs. I think that Intouch maybe a bit too much info in his situation.

Do we keep the CM900 and add an external sensor or do we change the thermostat to a CMS927.... Any thoughts?

Thanks.

The 927 is OpenTherm so it should be a bit more efficient

No its not. Have you read the post on the IIC I did about this?

OP. Before buying another stat, see if the existing one works. Either way, you don't need an external sensor. This is half the point of the whole Eco RF system.

What has the installer said about it?

Sponsored Links
Our installer just said that our current thermostat would be ok.
Don't you need an external sensor if you don't use a CM927 or open therm thermostat if you want compensation?

The 927 is OpenTherm so it should be a bit more efficient

No its not. Have you read the post on the IIC I did about this?

OP. Before buying another stat, see if the existing one works. Either way, you don't need an external sensor. This is half the point of the whole Eco RF system.

What has the installer said about it?
Isn't it? I was told it was! Haven't seen your post; will dig it out

Don't you need an external sensor if you don't use a CM927 or open therm thermostat

If you have a honeywell stat correctly bound to the boiler, it compensates itself based on internal reference.

OpenTherm is just a communication language, but an OpenTherm compliant stat can do various things, some use an external sensor; some don't.

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back