Honeywell G2 RF Issue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
So I have a Honeywell G2-12 Panel which I had connected a C077 RF Portal which I have been using with a TCC8M on V2 mode as this is what the C077 supports and always been able to set/unset the panel without any issues.

I have now upgraded the C077 to the C079 (dual protocol) so I can add some wireless sensors, and I have also changed the TCC8M wireless keyfob to Alpha mode.

When I press any of the buttons I just get the single red light come up for the button pressed. If it press it about 3 or 4 times it will eventually register and flash about 6 times and system set/beep to rspond to action.

I have tried re-enrolling the wireless fob which was successful, but the issue remains.

Any ideas why this would be happening??

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
An Update - I reverted the wireless keyfob back to the V2 protocol without changing anything in the panel settings and it's working again 100% now.

I tested a wireless door contact and this was being picked up on Chime, so just appears to be an issue with the wireless keyfob working on the Alpha protocol, not sure why but if anyone can help, be grateful.

I don't think there is much difference in terms of keyfob functionality according to the instructions it mimics another model of fob but can still do full and part sets.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back