Honeywell galaxy dimensions 96 - easy mapping for config?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I've just installed and powered up a Honeywell galaxy dimensions 96 panel, with two touch centers and a Mk7 keypad.

The programming menu seems a bit of a mess in the manual, certainly not as easy to understand and follow compared to my previous experience with scantronic 9751/2 and io-ex160's that I've worked with previously.

So is there an easy to understand menu system other then what's in the installer manual? I don't have access to RSS software but have galaxyguy's ethernet module attached. Currently no telephone line directly connected.

Alternatively does anyone and a quick guide for setting up for home use?

Also my understanding was that the panel can take two batteries, but I can't see anywhere to connect the second battery.

Also in a bit of a rush to get it setup before Xmas so ebee if it's not fully functional and setup, standard zone is active/not active and bell box rings when needed would be a good start.

Sponsored Links
Some progress today, managed to name and set my zones up (i think!) bit of confusion re the entry/exit zones.

Need some help with groups if anyone has experience.

The touch center says group a has a fault, but not what the fault is... and also is there anything to note when setting up groups?

Mine will be as follows:

1) downstairs contacts except front door (which is set to entry)
2) downstairs pir (expect hall which is entry route)
3) upstairs contacts
4) upstairs pir
5) all 24/7 (panic, smoke alarm relay and viper)

so does 1 become group b? (i think a is reserved?)

also i want all users to be able to enable 1-4, but if 2 is enabled, i want 1 to automatically be enabled - is this linking?

same for 3/4 if 4 is enabled then 3 must be enabled.

lastly i got the LCE-01 connected - lights are flashing and the panel shows 4 keypads as expected, but i cant connect to it via lan - ping to the set ip fails and no new ip's are set via dhcp on my lan... what may i have got wrong? ip is set as 192.168.1.251, gateway is 192.168.1.1, subnet is 255.255.255.0...

I think you are trying to do too much at once mate. Personally I would get the system up and running using the Mk7 keypad and take it from there.
Galaxy panels can become confusing when using group mode.

IIRC the Galaxy 96 has 16 groups. A 1-8 B 1-8.

I think you are trying to do too much at once mate. Personally I would get the system up and running using the Mk7 keypad and take it from there.
Galaxy panels can become confusing when using group mode.

IIRC the Galaxy 96 has 16 groups. A 1-8 B 1-8.

thanks for the response,

So far looks like everything is working on the individual zones, using mk7 and touch center, wiring wise and config is working on all keypads, i can set and unset on them, and i guess worse case for now its all set or nothing, I was hoping to use the opengalaxy program to setup groups/users etc but not able to figure out the hardware needed to get the dimension to talk to a raspberry pi at the moment so thats sitting on the back burner.

If i can get the lce setup that would be a start!

Sponsored Links
Can you ping the LCE module from the same subnet yet? Double check that you have entered the IP address correctly.

Can you ping the LCE module from the same subnet yet? Double check that you have entered the IP address correctly.

Hi galaxy guy,

Unfortunately no joy!

Setup is in images below...

IP is set to 192.168.1.251
Gateway is 192.168.1.254
Subnet is 255.255.255.0

Can't see it appear on my router as connected devices but the cat5 cable is working fine for my laptop

I have two touch centers and one Mk7 , so 3 physical keypads, 4 are showing on the system (if I've understood correctly) so keypad side seems fine, but not network side.

Lce is showing two red lights plus solid green network +flashing orange.

Attachments

• IMG_20181216_172830.jpg
    IMG_20181216_172830.jpg
    151.8 KB · Views: 291
  • IMG_20181216_172611.jpg
    IMG_20181216_172611.jpg
    197.1 KB · Views: 303
  • IMG_20181216_172544.jpg
    IMG_20181216_172544.jpg
    164.5 KB · Views: 308
I think you have yellow and white the wrong way? Yellow to B. It's actually easier to wire the lead into the screw terminals of the LCE module, then just plug into the header on the Dimension PCB (next to the terminal screws).

Sorted that issue... Not sure on the wiring colours, manual shows a yellow on back page, in the end I just used a piece of cat5, a to a, b to b and + to +, - to -. Went into and out of engineering and found new module, pinged from laptop and found something at the end.

The lid of the box has a label inside that details the cable colours. In your case white is A and yellow B. Anyway, hard wiring straight across is fine too. If you can see the module, then try connecting to it with the SelfMon Virtualkeypad app for iOS or Android.

Hardwired is fine, selfmon connects and tells me invalid pin, so need to read up on what I seed to do there!

If the Virtualkeypad is seeing key presses, then the pin is the same as at the physical keypad unless you have assigned the user to a group. The manager pin should work anywhere.

if i understand right, the default manager pin is 12345? (master manager), the pin i have set for that user works from the keypad but when i put it in selfmon remote - for the RSS Password, it says Login Failed.

I'm not sure what you mean by SelfMon remote. The RSS password can only be programmed using RSS. If not programmed with RSS, delete the password and save without a password.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back