Honeywell galaxy2 SMS comms fail

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I had an Adt Honeywell galaxy 2 alarm fitted several years ago by an Adt guy as a "foreigner" who is no longer available. Yesterday tried to set alarm and it comes up with SMS comms fail. We have engineers code which I have put in but i don't want to screw up the whole system. Now I'm unable to exit engineers mode and cannot clear SMS comms fault. Please help!!!!!

Sponsored Links
If the system was configured to send SMS by telephone MODEM, then it may be that the TAP service was down or not configured correctly. Can you let us know what number is programmed in menu 56.1.17.2 ?

If the number is Vodafone 07785499993, then it may be that the line was busy and this caused the fault. If not, then set it to that number, or switch SMS off by removing the number you have.

Next, you either need to flush through a couple of SMS test messages, or power cycle the whole system (mains and battery).

To powercycle:

1. Add a screw in the top lid screw hole to override lid tamper.
2. Disconnect mains and battery.
3. Reconnect mains and battery. System will boot (no errors).
4. Enter engineering mode.
5. Replace top cover.
6. Exit engineering mode.

Thanks for the help. Will try in the morning as my little girl is in bed now. Will I have to do,this each time this fault occurs?

Thanks for the help. Will try in the morning as my little girl is in bed now. Will I have to do,this each time this fault occurs?

It's one of those things that is a pain in the butt with the Galaxy. If the messaging is working and it's a single SMS fail, you can enter the COMM's test menu and perform a couple of engineer tests to flush out the issue, but that costs 17p for each test :(

Better switching off the TAP based SMS and getting an Ethernet module if you want self monitoring with panel messages.

If you don't need to know which zone/s have been triggered, then a standard GSM dialler would also do it, but decent GSM diallers are pretty expensive.

Sponsored Links
Hello,
I was looking at one of these GSM dialers for my new G2 system.
I found a system that is able to txt you but can also have the option to set and unset the alarm by just texting to it however I'm not sure if there is a way of conecting to the G2 so that you could arm / unarm with just a contact?
Any ideas?

Hello,
I was looking at one of these GSM dialers for my new G2 system.
I found a system that is able to txt you but can also have the option to set and unset the alarm by just texting to it however I'm not sure if there is a way of conecting to the G2 so that you could arm / unarm with just a contact?
Any ideas?

You need to program an input as keyswitch. Hopefully your dialer will have a few inputs in order to program one of the panel outputs as a 'set' output in order to tell if the panel has actually set and there hasn't been a problem.

That's the benefit of using the IP module, you have a virtual keypad where you can get all the system information.

@socdesign thanks very much for that!
I know there is someone who is selling a third party which I'm also looking at but I'm not sure ifs only an android app as I have a Windows Phone..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back