honeywell hot water control valve question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi guys,ive got a question,my Honeywell hot water valve,2 port,will not open when I request it from the boiler control,boiler will not even fire up,been having trouble for a while now and 2 motors and the whole valve changed plus the sensor on the boiler replaced,it allways works for a bit then stops.NO PROBS WITH THE CENTRAL HEATING VALVE
anyhows,i can get hot water when I put and keep the lever on the valve in the open position,now,when it is left in this position I take it it will only heat the water when the boiler fires up,the boiler will fire up when I select H/W and C/H
MY THOERY IS SAY I NEED A BATH IN THE MORNING AT 06.00,I HAVE SET THE HOT WATER AND CENTRAL HEATING[ALL MY RADS HAVE BEEN TURNED OFF] CONTROL ON THE BOILER TO COME ON AT 05.00 AND GOES OFF 06.00,WITH THE LEVER CONSTANLY IN THE OPEN POSITION.
AM I RIGHT IN ASSUMING THAT WITH THE LEVER SET IN THE OPEN POSITION OVER NIGHT THE HOT WATER WILL NOT BE HEATING UP ALL NIGHT AND END UP COSTING ME A FORTUNE AND WILL ONLY START HEATING THE HOT WATER BETWEEN 6 AND 5.
THANKS.
A

Sponsored Links
Locking the valve with the lever will not usually activate the internal microswitch. I would suggest that you should check out the motor in the valve head.

Buy a cheap multimeter and you can find out what's going wrong rather than guessing , if I had to have a stab in the dark I would guess the cylinder stat is not working .

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back