Honeywell Smartfit issue......

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good Evening,
I'm not a plumber and I have little knowledge but I would be grateful of any advice.

I have a Potterton Suprima combi boiler mated to a Honeywell Smartfit Y plan set up.
We have had a problem with the room thermostat (a T8677A1008 7 day programmer) whereby it goes blank and we have to reset it to get it going again. This hasn't been a problem as such as it has got the system going on each occasion but today that method stopped working! The screen displays that a request for the boiler to ignite has been sent but nothing happens at the boiler.
The programmer is now obsolete so does anybody know if a modern equivalent can be fitted? It is a 2 channel device.

If I need to employ a plumber then so be it but I'm hoping I can just wire a new controller in. Fingers crossed!

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
There is one on ebay at the mo, I would grab it as you would need to change the whole system as there is no replacement for the original.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the replies.
I will try a unit from ebay first, although I could only find a T8677B which is a two channel one also and I hope will work but it is different from the original.
Failing that I will research the other suggestions and go from there!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back