Honeywell V4600T gas valve replacement for Rayburn 380G

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Fellas
14 years later...but I'll give it a shot as I'm on my night shift ;)
My gas fitter has diagnosed my Rayburn 380g Honeywell V4600T 1011 gas valve as faulty .
As gas safe guys are busy, I am tasked with getting a replacement gas valve for him to fit.
After interneting this to death I have found the following.
A new replacement V4600T for £362
The 14 year old long shot comment (in a thread on here) that the V4600C will replace the V4600T ...The V4600C costs anywhere from £100 to £150 ish
Is this the case ?
Is there anyone I can ask ?
I know it's an old boiler but I'm not going to get it replaced this side of Christmas and it getting cold....
Yours in Hope Chris

Sponsored Links
yes the V4600C will fit but you need an experienced gas engineer to fit it, your engineer will require a rare qualification , that not many have as not really worth paying for it, but if you call Rayburn they will tell you who they recommend for your post code, definately not a DIY job

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Thanks for the reply Ian,
I don't do DIY as far as Gas is concerned. The guy doing the fitting is gas safe.
Does he need rare qualifications to fit the V4600C and just normal qualifications for the V4600T ?
I just want to get the right part for him and not put him in a position of doing work which he is not qualified for.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the reply Ian,
I don't do DIY as far as Gas is concerned. The guy doing the fitting is gas safe.
Does he need rare qualifications to fit the V4600C and just normal qualifications for the V4600T ?
I just want to get the right part for him and not put him in a position of doing work which he is not qualified for.
On the rear of his gas safe card or check online he must have range cookers to work on your appliance, if he doesnt he can not work on it

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back