honeywell valves

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
after removing the powered head of a honeywell 3 port valve and exposing the spindle how far should you be able to turn the spindle? ie should you be able to spin it completely around.all answers welcome thanks.

Sponsored Links
Not exactly. Yes idealy you should be able to turn it with your fingers (not need grips) however not 360 degrees. It will only turn a very short distance due to the ball inside.

so maybe 180 degrees,i'm trying to find out if the valve needs replacing or just the head,the spindle only moves slighty and i think it should move more.

Sponsored Links
More like 90.

Might be easier just telling us the problem.

honeywell valves only turn 90 degrees or so dont they? most of the rubber ball types do.

edit....too late :D

sisters never been able to get hot water or heating only both by turning the room stat up.asked to go and look last night because now she can't get either.bolier fires up for a short while but not enough to heat the cylinder.suspected the honeywell valve is faulty because of only originally being able to get both.

if you can just move it a couple of mm each way the chances are that the internal ball has expanded & is restricting the water flow.
i understand there is a service kit available although i've never had cause to buy one.

peterpan said:
how far should you be able to turn the spindle? ie should you be able to spin it completely
AlanE said:
Yes and easily.
rob884 said:
More like 90.
nickso said:
honeywell valves only turn 90 degrees or so dont they? most of the rubber ball types do.

Honeywell's leaflet How a Mid position Valve Works states: The valve spindle swings the diverting ball on a very small range of movement, approx 10-15 degrees

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back