Hoover AM110

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The w/m fills with water when you start any programme, but then the programme just suspends. The programme does not advance and the drum does not turn. Even if you advance the programme manually, nothing happens. When you select a spin programme it starts by pumping out the water (it keeps trying to pump out water), but then nothing else happens. You can hear relays clicking on the the control board. There is no sign of burn-out components on the board. Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Just taken the motor off - The brushes seem to be in contact with the rotor, but I haven't got a small enough star key to get the brushes off at the moment to have a proper look. I think I'll change the brushes while the motor's off anyway. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Once I'd taken the brushes off, it was obvious they were goosed. I've changed them and that's sorted the problem - Thanks for the suggestion.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back