hoover dishwaher hed 6612

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
please help, my dishwasher does a prewash cycle, as it comes up to a main wash i hear a single knock from the bottom of the machine, then both the prewash and main wash light come on together. the machine has filled with water but not opened the soap door. this is how it stays and will not do a main wash or carry out any other part of the programme

Sponsored Links
Check for blockage in the drain pump or waste hose

Most machines on normal programmes should do a prewash/rinse then empty re fill then heat and do program.

thank you once again for taking the time to reply to my problem with my dishwasher.

DavidCU,

I have the same problem on my Hoover washer (same model)-did you get yours fixed? If so what was the cause of the error?

Sponsored Links
Had same problem machine would not advance to wash programme. Checked programme switch ( worked a few times ) then stopped same fault.Checked programme selector seemed to be ok. New selector £68?
Removed rear and checked discharge pump seemed ok.Put it all back together and it started working, well so far.Suspect there is a glich in the selector! Hope this helps.

:) Hi-thanks for replying....the water pressure in this area does fluctuate (2-4 houses use ONE stopcock!)...as an example if you're running bath loo takes ages to fill, etc & I'm sure that when neighbours bath etc...pressure goes down. Have tried turning off at mains for a while...still same.

I have posted on a couple of other forums -here are the links. http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/p...my-hoover-hed6612-80-dishwasher-new-post.html and http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=2352689&goto=newpost . The annoying thing is that we got it FREE from someone who's only used it 3 times in 3 years!

Am going to pull it out today & check no kinks...etc but water inlet supply seems fine!

If i get someone out to fix it any idea what they might charge? If it's too much will just get a 2nd hand one...but such a shame as it's in such good nick! Could it be the PCB? If so is it easy for a complete amateur to put in?

If machine was only used infrequently,it could be as other guy said sticky pump.Do not bye a PCB yet. Try this:
1. Switch on machine
2. Select programme.
3. Hold in reset button
4. Switch off machine,still holding in reset button.
5. Switch machine on again still holding in reset button.
6. Release reset button and press reset once,you should get 4 LEDs.
Leave machine in this state for awhile,then press reset again.
LEDs will cycle and machine may start working. If it does let it finish, then switch it on again as normal. Make sure dispensor door is closed, if you here it pop opened,machine will be working. Good luck.

Hi...thanks Mcknigr...tried that last pm....initially it DID wash & soap thing opened....tried again...nothing. Reset it again....nothing...same problem...tried this am after machine switched off for a long time...nothing.

Phoned a repair guy yesterday (who was reccomended) & he's 95% certain it's either an internal leak (he thought a tube may have been gnawed through by a mouse-very very unlikely considering where it was before) OR (& in my opinion the most likely) the water pressure guage is sticking (& he said possibly because it was not used much in 3 years)...this seems plausible as very occaisionally it WILL work so 'something' sticking is likely...he said it was common on these & probably no more that £70/£80 top whack to fix in total...god I wish I had some sort of diagram...bet its easy to check but as I'm so NOT good at DIY etc possibly best to leave to experts. So annoying as the 2 washes it's done have been amazing!

Will do.......do you think his 'guess' is a possibility? If it turns out to be more than £100 will just bin it & get a reconditioned/second hand machine...but does seem a shame as it's so NEW!

Motherboard is knackered....probably according to appliance guy cos it got damp...or for some other reason as not used for 3 years much. Apparently it was a 'badged' machine-inside was made in china (indiset)...he's going to call with price but thinks it will be £90-£120...his advice was to probably bin it which is what I'll most likely do. Pump/motor all fine...he said that he replaces loads of motherboards on these type of machines.

Great guy though....only charged £25-he spent a good 45 minutes taking it apart. Will more than likely either get a new one (he said Beko were good as although cheap they are pretty reliable & made in Turkey so parts are cheap) or if I can get one on the comet auction site (ex display or damaged) I might go for that. He reccomended Boshe...any other ones you guys can think of that I can either get 2nd hand or slightly damaged at auction. Can't beleive our bad luck & that something used so infrequently is knackered! :evil:

That was a genuine engineer guy. I have a strong suspicion that this is the same fault with my machine.When I had it apart I cleaned the mother board with circuit board cleaner maybe this is why mine is working? Thanks for your reply.

hi! Not being in any way shape or form technically minded or able to even find the motherboard....the dishwasher is consigned to the outhouse!

Paid TWENTY QUID & got an old Zanussi DW917 (found it on free-ads-guy moved to a new place with fitted white goods)...it has a DIAL & not a computer panel...WORKS GREAT & more room in it.....! :D

Good result but why should we all not approach Hoover as the machine was not fit for purpose.What do you think?

helo people..i have a hoover hed6112 but it has a similar problem that i am struggling with. on any program it will only pre-rinse..it lights up to wash and nothing. it starts to make noises like there is no water and lots of steam! when i open door to investigate. no warning lights etc i am lost..could it be a blockage somewhere or a faulty pump? ok i took out machine today and had it tilted on its side to start stripping it...i got a call and had to leave it so by chance i sat it back up and it worked for one cycle now back to usual and doing nothing!!?? ah!!!! any help would be much appreciated

many thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back