Hoover Ecologic will not spin, only fills and empties

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Our very old Hoover Ecologic has suddenly just stopped working so to speak. It still fills and empties with water, however that is simply all it does. It seems unable to go into the spin cycle and the clothes come out sopping wet and covered in washing powder.

I'm not sure if this means it is at the end of its life and a new one is needed or if there is any solution to this problem? I have no experience in dealing with washing machine faults and therefore any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I don't suppose you would be able to provide more information on this or guide me to a step by step walkthrough to do this online could you?

Sorry to be a pain.

the motor has 2 carbon brushes, sleepyhead is saying they are worn out and need changing.

fo a vague idea search for me in appliances, or look at the top posts, yes its a hotpoint but gives a vague idea of what you are looking for

Sponsored Links
Thanks very much. I'll have a look. Are they relatively easy to buy (ie any particular shops) and attach?

appliance repair shop

note which model and spin speed, if offered take laminated brushes, they last longer

Hi,

I'm having a lot of trouble locating my brushes to see if they need replaced. I have attached several pictures of inside my washer from several angles. If anyone could give me a rough pointer where to look it would be most appreciated.

Pict0023.jpg

PICT0024.jpg

PICT0021.jpg

PICT0022.jpg

[/img]

The motor drives the belt that turns the drum. Check the carbon brushes in the motor.
Other than the advice given there's not much more help we can give you.
If you can't identify the motor you really need to get someone in to do it for you. :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back