Hoover HNL6146

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My washing machine has decided to doing dodgy things today and was wondering whether anyone could advise as to what might be wrong.

First off it makes a grinding noise when the drum is turned. I'll admit it's been a tad noisy for a while, I just figured it would go away :oops:
Today though for the first time my clothes came out smelling like burnt rubber. The smell isn't on the outside of the machine though, it's just the clothes and a faint whiff inside the drum if you stick your head in.

I've checked the door seal and there doesn't appear to be any damage to it as I thought maybe bits were coming away and burning, but nope!

My OH is a builder and pretty good at fixing most things and has most tools available but we'll need to know what we're supposed to be looking for.

Thanks for any advice.

Sponsored Links
Sounds like your bearings are history :( (not usually an economically viable repair on older machines).
Rumbling/grinding sounds or noticeable up/down slack on the drum are typical symptoms.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back