Hoover Softwave-still soapy after wash.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
I've got a Hoover 1000 spin Softwave washing machine and its started leaving soap bubbles in the washing after its finished a load. The machine appears to fill for the rinse and it appears to empty ok but it just leaves a load of soap bubbles in the washing. does anyone know what could be the problem?
jif.

Sponsored Links
What sort of powder or liquid are you using?

Examine the box carefully: Does it say "for automatic washing machines" or "for twintubs and top loaders?"

I've had a collapsed drain hose stopping our old machine pumping out completely, but enough to allow the program to continue. That left a soap residue on everything.

Using the same washing powder we have done for years, and the drain hose appears to be ok. This problem is intermittent but slowly getting worse.

Sponsored Links
Could it be the pump thats working intermittently ? or would the pump just not work altogether.

Sorry, didn't make myself clear... The hose that had collapsed on our machine was the one from the outer drum to the pump, inside the machine.

Thinking I will have to buy a new hose, and finding most spares centres are closed at 6PM on Maundy Thursday, I pushed a short length of plastic waste pipe inside the hose to support the kink until I could get a replacement. That's well over a year ago now, and It's still running on the temporary fix, and long may it continue (She who must be obeyed declared it beyond repair the first time it failed, and definitely time for a new machine if it packs up again)

A 'tired' pump or blocked pump filter may cause the same symptoms.

Small coins, buttons, bra wires etc. can find their way into very odd places inside machines sometimes.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back