Hoover WDM120 flooding

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My machine intermittently floods and I haven't worked out quite what the problem is - water pressure switch, programmer or both.

Is the water pressure switch, which should stop the machine flooding, a primary part of the programming or a secondary fail-safe device?

To be more specific does the programmer operate the water solenoid and then wait for the pressure sensor to tell it there is enough water before moving on to the next part of the program?

Or does the programmer operate the solenoid for a period of time. Then if the programmer gets stuck in between opening it and closing it the water pressure switch stops the machine flooding?

I assume it is the first and therefore I have an intermittent problem with the pressure switch. If it were the latter I would presumably have a permanent problem on the pressure switch and an intermittent programmer! Naturally one always tends to expect the single failure scenario!

Any other advice would be most welcome.

Thanks
Clive

Sponsored Links
ceemjay said:
To be more specific does the programmer operate the water solenoid and then wait for the pressure sensor to tell it there is enough water before moving on to the next part of the program?

This is the correct scenario therefore if your machine is overfilling intermittently and this is causing the flooding, look to the pressure switch,the switch works as follows.On selecting a wash programme the inlet valve opens and water fills the drum. When the water level rises filling the drum, the level is duplicated in the small tube which is connected to the pressure switch this compresses the air in the airtight tube until the pressure is large enough to flip the diaphram swith in the body of the unit.This is fed back to the programmer which then closes the inlet valve and moves on to the next mode.If this is intermittent in your machine possibilites are a lazy switch or more likely some partial blockage in the tube or reservoir which is on the outlet of the tub therefore a dismantle and clean here first would be worth a try.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back