Horizontal boiler flue on a pitched roof

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

If boiler is in the loft is it possible to have the flue exiting horizontally. Or does it then need to have an elbow attached to make it vertical? All the tile roof seals I have seen are for vertical flues.

Cheers.

Sponsored Links
There are kits for certain manufacturers to fit horizontal flues through pitched roofs. Your Installer should know where to look

There are kits for certain manufacturers to fit horizontal flues through pitched roofs. Your Installer should know where to look

Thanks. It seems this is the one I need.

http://www.discountedheating.co.uk/...L-pV8gnRZJ43qwGNhzrpsBoClf3w_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

On Vaillants website it doesn't say what type of exits it can be used for. Just a bit confused as one place has this flue seal down as being suitable only for vertical exit but all other places just have it down as suitable for a pitched roof without specifying exit type.

I'll give Vaillant a call on Monday to see if they can clarify.

Cheers.

Sponsored Links
image.png

http://www.discountedheating.co.uk/...L-pV8gnRZJ43qwGNhzrpsBoClf3w_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

On Vaillants website it doesn't say what type of exits it can be used for. Just a bit confused as one place has this flue seal down as being suitable only for vertical exit but all other places just have it down as suitable for a pitched roof without specifying exit type.

Cheers.

That's for a vertical flue through roof, not horizontal.

Cheers.

That's for a vertical flue through roof, not horizontal.

It might be safe to say there are posters on this forum who, if unsure, would not make a post. SGM does know his stuff

For £20 it won't be worth getting my leadburning torch out, when I eventually get a new condensing boiler, got to find a RGI first;)

OP only a gas reg engineer should be fitting a gas boiler and its flue.

Most will be reluctant to fit something you have bought.

You also may waste your money getting something unsuitable.

Tony

For £20 it won't be worth getting my leadburning torch out, when I eventually get a new condensing boiler, got to find a RGI first;)

Oh here, I'm a RGI & I can Leadburn, does that make me special???

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back