Horizontal unvented cylinder - advice!!

Sponsored Links
Just had a look at the Rinnai Infinity 26i - Internal think the next one at 750ltrs is too much. How do these compare against a normal cylinder? Same amount of gas etc?? And I presume it can do multiple rooms?? Sorry for my in experience on these!

Actually just seen the twin flow, my boiler is over 14 years old so coud I upgrade both and sort out my problem in one go?? My boiler supplies 70k btu's..

What does it mean by 24 lpm raised to 33°C or up to 960 l/hr raised to 50°C.???
Thanks all in advance!

24Ltrs/min with a ΔT of 33c, therefore, if the incoming mains was 12c you could draw hot water continuously 24Ltrs/min at 45c.

The first thing you need to do is check the mains pressure and flow rate at peak and off peak times.

No good planning on 24Ltrs/min if the mains can only deliver 20ltrs/min, also remember you are talking loft so it will be less than ground level.

Sponsored Links
Viessmann make horizontal cylinders which work perfectly well and will last for many years.

What would the load on the joists be for say a 250ltr jobbie, keeping in mind there' could also be a 20 stone plumber stood on the same joist, and you'd probably need a crane to get it in the loft in the first place.

Viessmann make horizontal cylinders which work perfectly well and will last for many years.

What would the load on the joists be for say a 250ltr jobbie, keeping in mind there' could also be a 20 stone plumber stood on the same joist, and you'd probably need a crane to get it in the loft in the first place.

With a very heavy 150kg plumber and a 250l tank the total load is going to be around 450kg. Too much I guess for typical roof joists, but OK with the appropriate strengthening. It all depends on what's underneath where the tank is.

The area it will be sitting on is the eves to the attic trusses mounted on 3 solid load bearing walls. I wouldn't use these just in case so will be coming off a rsj to the gable end wall, opposite way to the trusses and will use 8x3 joists spanning 3 meters, at 400 centres.

mysteryman wrote:

Where can you buy these from and cost wise for a 250ltr or 300ltr???

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back