Horrible story

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Last edited:
Sponsored Links
I've had this conversation so many times. When visiting the plumbers merchants or going into wicks. On seeing tradesmen.

I think who the fùck would let you into their house.

ok i have the benifits of knowing who people are.

Just their mannerisms and the way they dress or present themselves must give a clue.

This is shocking. I know it's not as easy as I make it sound but people really do need to do their homework and research tradesman they trust enough to let in their house.
How does a killer dress?

How does a killer dress?
I know I make it sound simple. And I know it's not. But it is a topic often spoken about. (Not murder) but why on earth would you let such & such (of person) through the front door.

This type story is rare but emphasises we really need to think who we are unleashing on our personal life.

This is tragic please don't think I'm making lite of it.

Still not clear how you determine someones personality traits by their clothing

Sponsored Links
Still not clear how you determine someones personality traits by their clothing
Again I apologise.
This is too tragic to start bickering about how someone is dressed.

I'll start another thread. And change the heading.

Not bickering just asking a straightforward question

I know your not.
But this will get into slinging and slating territory.

It really wasn't a dig at you. Your questions were quite valid.

I've edited my OP

Last edited:
I'm still puzzled by how we are supposed to determine if someone should be let through our door?

Tradesmen look all sorts of ways, very smartly dressed ones will likely be also very expensive and not want to get their hands too dirty, scruffy ones may well just be damn good workers who know their stuff.
Either can be killers, I'm with CB on this - how do we tell?

please please answer this, let us know "how you would"??
It's not a dig at you it's a genuine question based on what you started.

To add to this. The guy was not an unknown stranger.

He had been introduced by friends at her church.

If personal recommendations are not enough, what is?

when working in older properties, you take up the carpets and find old newspapers. you have a quick read out of interest as to what was happening all those years ago. sadly these types of incidences were happening then. and have always happened. these days with the immediate technology and mass media coverage it seems more prevalent. it still shocks and saddens. maybe more mentally disturbed people about with no access or support network to help, and something sets them off. Or maybe just evil.

He is a Jehovahs Witness.

Seems that’s even worse than checkatrade

I'm still puzzled by how we are supposed to determine if someone should be let through our door?

Tradesmen look all sorts of ways, very smartly dressed ones will likely be also very expensive and not want to get their hands too dirty, scruffy ones may well just be damn good workers who know their stuff.
Either can be killers, I'm with CB on this - how do we tell?

please please answer this, let us know "how you would"??
It's not a dig at you it's a genuine question based on what you started.

That's down to you. All I can say is there are some real shiiiters out there.

I've opened another thread for this as I made a mistake and don't think this is appropriate

He is a Jehovahs Witness.

Seems that’s even worse than checkatrade

We trust friends and colleagues advise and recommendations. And sometimes they don't know who they are recommending... it's a minefield.

Sponsored Links
Back