Horstman Electrisave Electronic boost - anyone fitted one ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
http://www.horstmann.co.uk/water-heating.php#Electrisaver

I know they are designed for immersion heaters but I also believe they can be used to "boost" the central heating instead of turning it on and forgetting to turn it off. :mad:

It is designed to be a double pole switch operated ON by you the user and OFF by the timer function.

So if you wish to wire it in parrallel to the central heating timer do you need to give the switch a live and neutral feed or just wire it direct to the terminal 1 + 2 of the boiler.

Does that make sense ?

Sponsored Links
The electrisaver has a double pole relay built in. The minimum it needs to function is live and neutral in, and switched live out - you can miss out the switched neutral. In this sense it's wired in the same way as a mechanical room stat.

Thanks Mogget

Do you think it would be best to wire the booster from the Boiler terminals with a 3 core and earth. ie live neutral earth AND return switched live ?

Unfortunately I don't know the make and model of your programmer, boiler, stats and valves, and even whether it's Y-plan, S-plan, gravity etc. Also whether you just want to override the timer, or the timer and stat.

I'm tired and the crystal ball has gone a little opaque tonight :confused:

Sponsored Links
Ok I get the point. :confused:

Baxi Instant Combi 105e.

I was thinking of ease of wiring, 3 core and earth from boiler to booster switch......any better ?

I don't know this boiler, it would need to be suitable for a 240v switched live. Assuming it is, three core and earth would be the way to do it.

Do you already have a room stat?

Sorry about being tetchy earlier, I should probably stay away from the PC when I'm tired.

TWIMC

I recieved an email from Horstman explaining the wiring sequence.

The booster operates on 240v so it needs both a live and neutral connecting to operate the internal electronics. It then only switches the Live out.

thanks for the advice guys.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back