Horstmann HRT3 wired incorrectly

Before seeing this I had repeated the sequence again and this time at step 7 the boiler did fire up, took about 2 minutes to do so.
Should only take a few seconds for the valve to open. Definitely seems to be sticking.

If it is sticking, try using some silicon lubricant. WF40 is not recommended as it can rot the seals round the spindle.

Sponsored Links
Before seeing this I had repeated the sequence again and this time at step 7 the boiler did fire up, took about 2 minutes to do so.
Should only take a few seconds for the valve to open. Definitely seems to be sticking.

If it is sticking, try using some silicon lubricant. WF40 is not recommended as it can rot the seals round the spindle.

Thank you for all your advice it is much appreciated. I will do what you recommended earlier as well.

I have got some silicon lubricant. Where should I apply the lubricant to? Do I need to remove the valve cover and lubricate anything inside?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back