Hoses

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I fitted new hoses to washing machine a couple of weeks ago and noticed the pipes have expanded! Has anyone else come across this? Have to change them as the hot is leaking at the connection to the feed at the hose end.

Sponsored Links
Perhaps your hot water is too hot? The hoses may be marked with the maximum temperature and pressure. You can buy or borrow a meter that screws on instead of the washing machine hose to measure the pressure. The hosing material may take 10 bar pressure but the crimped joints at the end are the weak link in the hose assembly.

Thanks Fido,
I thought that but both the hot and cold are swollen, look like a pair of sausages. I have check valves fitted if that makes any difference.

Sponsored Links
It looks like a pressure problem then. The boiler should have a pressure restrictor on the hot water but this might not be working. If your house water supply pressure is too high you should contact your local water company and they can fit a restrictor.

Bit strange though, the old pair were fine, just changed them for cosmetic reasons ie new kitchen new hoses! may be they are faulty.

Ah, I had assumed the old ones had also failed :idea: , perhaps they are just faulty then.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back