Hot, but not enough

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The heating recently broke down, after lots of head scratching the pump was changed. Now however, although the radiators are hot they are not warming the house up to the temp it had been previously to the broken pump, the thermostat is clicking about 15c even when it is turned right up past 20c. What can be wrong??

Sponsored Links
Has the boiler thermostat been turned down or is the pump on too lower speed or were any ballanveing valves altered.?

no to all three questions, except what speed should the pump be on, a plumber told me it should be on No 2, so thats what we put the new pump on but the paperwork that came with the pump said put it on 3 :?:

computer says no...paperwork says 3...Confuscious he say man who reads paperwork washes his hands :eek:

Sponsored Links
Try 3 before responding. It woulndt have three settings if only 2 were needed. Suck it & C.

Now, I have turned it up to three, still not right!!
But, if i turn the hot water off, the heating works like normal : :confused:

bab said:
... or is the pump on too low a speed or were any ballancing valves altered.?

Balancing valves includes the 22mm valve normally fitted to the return from the hot water cylinder. Shut it, then open it about 1 1/2 turns and take its handle off. You should then find the heating works with both CH and HW on.

I don't think bab typed that bit in for his own amusement. :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back