Hot feed for mixer shower

j63

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I'm planning to install a mixer shower above our bath, at the opposite end from the taps. The cold feed seems simple enough (tank connector from the tank in the loft), but I'm trying to work out the simplest effective way to obtain the hot feed. The pipes around the hot water cylinder don't look like they'll spring apart easily to insert a new fitting, and there isn't a lot of space in that cupboard anyway. Since I'm not using a pump I believe Surrey flanges and the like are not essential? The shower manufacturer's instructions suggest a tee off the downward-going part of the vent pipe (before it goes to feed all other fittings). Since this runs under the floor and then along the side of the bath, could I equivalently put a tee in the section alongside the bath? Alternatively, could I put a tee off the vent pipe as it enters the loft? (is there any significant difference between this and making a tee lower down that then runs up into the loft to go across to the bathroom?)

Thanks
Jonathan

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
you may want to see this taken from forum information

you can even use the
icon_edit.gif
button to correct your errors

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back