Hot point washer dryer problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have a Hotpoint WD440 which has developed a problem. During a wash cycle it stopped half way through and the rinse hold light was flashing maybe twice a second, not the strobing described by others. It hadn't spun. I had to press cancel to reset, switch it back on and then using the pump out function to empty and then spin. Now when I try to start it, the door is locking but the door locked light doesn't come on and the wash light comes on but no water goes in and the wash cycle does not start although you get a little pulse from the water inlet switch.

Any ideas very welcome

Sponsored Links
Brushes are fine, had all the filters out. Pump is clear and changed the door lock. I can only assume the board has gone, so I'll strip the motor and seal out and unfortunatley the dump is beckoning for the rest.

Whats the view on these machines, its quite old but not been used that much.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back