Hotpoint WD440 Wont Start

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Another week, another fault with the Hotpoint WD440. No program will start. The door is locked and won't unlock and the door lock light flashes.

If I set a program the Wash / Rinse light comes on solid (depending on which program I select) but that's it, it doesn't drain or start drawing in water.

Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Thanks rocks1. I checked the brushes they seemed to be fine. The door lock light was behaving strange so I took a look at that. It was hot to touch so I replaced it (second one this year).

Unfortunatley that still didn't fix it. The neutral return on the PCB had blown too. There was a split in the door rubber and I think water had shorted the door interlock taking the PCB with it.

I decided to condem the machine in the end, it has been nothing but trouble recently. Even when it is working it doesn't clean the clothes very well and occasionaly clicks holes in them. Got an Indesit washer drier in Comet with £230 off.

Sponsored Links
Hi Guys
I know this is a really old thread, I never post on forums to be honest but some of the info on this forum really helped me out so I wanted to return the favour to the great community.

The Door light and lock issue (if purely from the main PCB) is the 2nd white connector block on the bottom of the PCB (when it is in place). If any of the wires here (3) do not have a good connection, then the machine will not start a cycle as the Door lock will not engage properly (in my case nor would the light for door lock stay on), I only discovered this from replacing the C17 Cap to fix the "lighting up like a christmas tree" effect, only to find a further fault, as per above lock not engaging.

Took the PCB out again, cleaned the connectors went through each connector block to see if any wires loose in blocks, and found this had 2 loose wires, opened the block soldered the wires firmly in place and reconnected the entire PCB, machine then worked perfectly (including dry cycles which had not worked in years:))

I only post this here (this thread) as this is where my in secant Googling kept bringing me when this all came to light, so if this helps just one person then I am a happy man!

Re-post or tell me off for wrong area etc, no problems :)

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back