hot water boiling hot

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello
I have a y plan central heating system with pump and three way zone valve,problem is when i have heating on only, the hot water heats up as well
but its really hot ,ive been told it could be my zone valve what do you guys think.
Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
When you have the ch only on, does the pipe from port 'B' of motorised valve that goes to hw cylinder also heat up?

Hi HERTSDRAINAGE2010 the stats set to 60 also the pipe coming out of the cylinder to the zone valve is very hot .

Sponsored Links
hi guys yes i do have an immersion and the pipe from cylinder to valve is hot when only ch on.

If the pipe from cylinder to valve is heating when heating only on, the valve is faulty. Sounds like it's not motoring over to heating only.

Just a new motor head (depends on the make and age of valve though) saves having to change the whole valve and draining down the entire system!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back