Hot water but no central heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Worcester Combi Boiler. The hot water is working but the central heating isn't kicking in. This happened about 18 months ago but didn't happen again. I then noticed it a couple of weeks ago, but the next day the heating was working, but it hasn't worked after that.

The boiler's been serviced each year with a gas safe certificate for the past 3 years (not sure how old the boiler is, maybe 7-10 years?). Plumbers have always said it's working fine.

It keeps pressure well but I've topped it up to just above 1 (didn't make a difference). I've checked the wireless stat is talking to the receiver - no problems there.

From what I can find out, it looks like the diverter valve or the pump is the problem. Can I troubleshoot these or does it need a plumber? Could it be something else?

A neighbour's a plumber. He said he would replace the boiler for £2k! He's just trying it on, right?!

Sponsored Links
You should be able to get someone to replace the Diverter valve.
A lot cheaper than a new Boiler System

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back