Hot water cylinder in air cupboard making loud noise

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The hot water cylinder in air cupboard is making loud noise when the boiler is switched on, how to solve the problem? any help would be much appreciated

Sponsored Links
The hot water cylinder in air cupboard is making loud noise when the boiler is switched on, how to solve the problem? any help would be much appreciated
Not much to go on there mate, need more info than that.

a fizzing noise? a banging noise? a gurgling noise? a running water noise?

Sponsored Links
Sorry for not describing the noise clearly.

After I switch on the boiler, there is no noise heard for about 3-5 minutes, then there is this strange noise like blunt metal scraping stone. The noise itself lasts for about 1 second. There is initially a 2 to 3 seconds interval between the noises, then the interval shortens to about 1 second. I also happened to hear a bang before all this happened, but I couldn't see any parts on the floor.

Is there something dropped or loosen, for example the coil within the tank?

Did check the pump, and change the speed from 2 to 1, noise is becoming smaller, if it has been changed to 3, noise becoming louder. Does it suggests something else? Many thanks!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back