Hot Water Cylinder Problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, we have a Honeywell L641A1039 CYLINDER THERMOSTAT CONTROL
fitted and turned down to 40 (the lowest setting)...however the water is reaching a very high temperature. This is happening even when the water is in the OFF position on the programmer LANDIS+STAEFA RWB9.
I would appreciate any help at all please with my process of elimination. Thanks :confused:

Sponsored Links
It's possible that your three port valve (assuming you have one) is stuck so that when you are running your central heating the water is constantly being heated. If you set you programmer to heating off / water on see if the radiators still get warm.

If the valve is stuck then it could be either mechanical fault - the paddle is jammed or an electrical fault with either the drive motor or the microswitches

Thanks for your reply. I have something that says Honeywell F49713 which has a lever and three positions...main, open and auto. The lever is set at the auto position. Is this correct please? I have given this a light knock with the heel of my hand. :confused:

Sounds about right. If this is very old valve you may have to change the entire unit.

Sponsored Links
Thank you for your reply. I have just checked the lever again and noticed it wasn't Fully down into the auto position. It is now, so I will wait and see how it goes. Thanks again :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back