Hot Water Cylinder Radiator

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have a radiator in my bathroom , which is connected to the hot water cylinder , the pipes come into the radiator one at top and one at the bottom , I am changing my bathroom around and moving the radiator to the other side of the room , anyone any idea if it will still work , if I plumb both pipes in at the bottom of it , moving it three meters from original position , I understand all the other radiators in the house are pumped with the boiler :eek:

Sponsored Links
Sounds as if the rad is woking off gravity ie heat riseing cold falling, if you move the rad the pipes must rise and fall continous, the rad will still work piped from the bottem if the pipes rise etc but not as good as before

I take it I have to run the pipes one high and one low to the rad ? , I am running the pipes under the bath , I will have to run them at the same level , If I do this you are saying it wont work ? , Would you think I would be better blanking off the cylinder feed and tapping into the main heating from the boiler ???? :evil:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back