Hot water is only warm

I've not noticed that the mains water pressure is higher. I have a pressure gauge set, I might test it out of curiosity.

Sponsored Links
What are my options if indeed the boiler is functioning correctly yet my expectations haven't been met?
If the boiler is delivering HW to the volume and temperature as designed then there's not a lot you can do, the only trouble you have then is with your installer and that your expectations were possibly not set correctly.

I've measured 82 psi (5.6 bar) inlet pressure at a cold tap nearby to the boiler.
I think this sounds a tad high, anyone like to clarify?

Is that 5.6 bar with nothing else running or 5.6 bar with another outlet open? It is a bit high yes, especially if it's dynamic. A PRV may be in order.

Sponsored Links
5.6 bar with no other tap open. So, would that increase the flow rate?

Pressure relief valve or an inline pressure regulator?

What is the 'normal' pressure on mains water?

Do you have a measuring jug that you can check the flow rate with. The 30Kw model should have a flow rate of 12L/minute, so if it's higher than that, even though you've turned the water flow down, it could still be too high.

OK, just tested with a 3L jug. Cold tap on full blast filled the 3L jug in 8 seconds.
So, if my maths is correct, that's 2.66L every second.

Does that mean my cold water flow rate = 160L/Min?

Approx figures ofcourse.

Okay, so the flow rate on the hot water is to spec, so it has to be an issue with the boiler. What's the hot water temperature on the boiler set to.

It's maxed out at 60°c but doesnt reach anywhere near that.

BTW, the 12L/m measurement was with the cold water feed valve to the boiler fully open.

I think is should go higher than 60c, but if it's set at that, but not reaching it, then it could be a dodgy thermistor in the boiler.

Yeh, I can't get it passed 60 on the boiler itself. So maybe as you say, dodgy kit.

Lets hope matey solves it on Thursday.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back