Hot water is only warm

I think there maybe a regulator of sorts in the boiler which reduces the flow rate to 12L/m agree?

Is it just coincidence that the flow rate is bang on considering the cold water flow rate to the house is substantially higher?

Sponsored Links
I rekon 12L /m rated flow of the boiler isn't going to be enough to meet my expectations. I may have to see if the installer will exchange the 30kw for something larger

Yeh, just frustrated after shedding out a lot of hard earned cash for something that doesn't work, or worse something that may be working correctly but doesnt meet expectations.

Sponsored Links
Don't worry Ashley, it will meet your expectations once it's been sorted.

OK, boiler engineer came today. He agreed that with me that the temp was way too low.
He did some diagnostics and deemed the thermistor was dodgy and also changed the main board.
Water seems a lot hotter now with a 39 degree rise at 12L/minute.
He also gave me a PRV as a precaution, however Im not sure if reducing the inlet pressure will help with increasing the DHW temps...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back