Hot water no heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all, i have a potterton 80 combi with no central heating although the hot water is fine any clues as to where to start?

Sponsored Links
first - Controls/settings on boiler, roomstat set too low, timer set to CH off, check the pressure in the system (on the guage on the boiler
) and bleed any air from rads.

The only conttrols are the ones on the boiler, there is no way of regulating the heating or hot water settings on the boiler as far as i can see :confused:

The only conttrols are the ones on the boiler, there is no way of regulating the heating or hot water settings on the boiler as far as i can see :confused:

I was indeed refering to the grey knob on the boilers control panel that controls the CH level.
Have you checked any roomstat you have?

Sponsored Links
There is no control knob/roomstat.
The only controls are on the boiler electro mechanical timer an off/constant /timed switch.
Bled rads and pressure is at 1.5 bar. :confused:

The pump has surely been proven because that works after a Dhw draw off, is this looking like the pcb?

The pump pushes the water around the ch system. Hot water pressure comes courtesy of the rising main. I still think the pump may be at fault.

The pump has surely been proven to work (it spins freely during hot water draw off) the more i think (its hurting,lol ) its looking like the Pcb.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back