Hot Water Pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have only got gravity feed hot water pressure via the water tank in the loft which runs through a gas-fired water heater. Does anyone know if it is possible to have a pump installed on the hot water system to increase the hot water pressure to at least 1 bar?
Many thanks
BB

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Is there not a danger in having a pump? You could pump water out of the water tank at a faster rate than it's going in.
I'm presume you want to increase the pressure to increase the flow but doesn't the gas fired water heater create a resistance? Could be tubes have scale due to hard water and diameter of tubes is now reduced so restricting flow and heat transfer. If flow was increased the hot water leaving heater would not receive the same amount of heat.
Would it be worthwhile considering increasing size of pipework, or replacing the heater.
I don't know I'm not a plumber!
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Thanks Mandate for that input. I don't know if what you say is correct or not but is worth taking on board. The water tank has a 33 Imp gallon capacity. Surely the pump would provide most of that hot water at the hottest temperature for short periods. Any expert plumbers out there who may want to comment?

WHat gas-fired water heater?
It probably has a flow-limiter.

It's a Lennox gas-fired water heater - made in Canada I believe. It stands about 51 inches high and about 63 inches in circumference. Don't know if this is of any help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back