hot water storage tank siting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
my hot water storage tank is at present on a base 1 metre above floor level, my header tank is situated in the loft space of my bungalow .If I lower the storage tank to ground level will this have an effect on my hot water pressure? :confused:

Sponsored Links
NO............. pressure is (measured) from the bottom of rooftank to tap(Bath,basin or sink) Whatever is in between is irelevant...Tho` cyl is prob. raised because it was orig. heated from nearby solid fuel backboiler :?: :?:

Nige F said:
NO............. pressure is (measured) from the bottom of rooftank to tap(Bath,basin or sink) Whatever is in between is irelevant...Tho` cyl is prob. raised because it was orig. heated from nearby solid fuel backboiler :?: :?:

Thank you very much NigeF, you are quite right it was heated by back boiler in thepast. :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back