hot water to attic

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi knowledgeable people. I am currently converting my attic to a bedroom with ensuite. I suddenly realised that the shower head and hot water tap will be above the cold water tank feeding the hot cistern.

Through a bit of reading I believe I need a negative head pump, my question then is where does this need siting. Can it sit next to the cistern or does it have to be above the shower so that when the shower or tap are opened there is some gravity flow to turn on the automatic pump?

Also can I use the twin ended shower pump to feed the tap as well (not used together) or do I have to use a separate pump(bearing in mind -ve pumps seem rather expensive)?

Many Thanks
Nigel

Sponsored Links
Location - on the floor next to the hot water cylinder, same as a normal shower pump.

Using for the taps - you can, but remember this will result in the noise from the pump every time the tap is turned on - this might not be what you want especially at night etc.

Fit an unvented hot water cylinder if you have pressure and flow for it.
Or a combi boiler.
You can remove your cold water header tank in the attic so more
room up there too.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back