Hotpoint AQGMD129 Washer Dryer not heating water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I'm wondering if someone will be able to give me some advice? Bit of a lurker and have never posted before!

I've just moved house and my clothes are coming out cold from the wash in the new house (I took the washer dryer with me). In my previous house they always came out warm. I've Googled, but most of the advice is that either the source of the water is cold or that I would have an error message if the water was not getting to the correct temperature. However, the clothes are not smelling fresh so I don't think that's right.

When I first hooked it up in the new house, on the first wash, it errored and said the machine couldn't get enough water. I checked and there was a kink in the pipe. I fixed this and it continued with the wash, but it had been stuck for a while before I noticed that it wasn't working and I'm wondering if this could have damaged it/burned something out? I have also moved from a hard water area (Yorkshire) to a soft water area (Edinburgh), could this affect the machine?

I can't afford an engineer at the moment as all my cash has gone into moving.

Thanks very much, Catswhiskers.

Sponsored Links
The clothes should come out cold not hot. Is the filter clean is the waste pipe up higher does it drain the water.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back