Hotpoint aquarius 1000 strange problem

Got new door interlock for £18.99, came home tested it with meter and got same result as with old one :confused: Scratches head, was expecting to get continuity between N+L but no continuity. Went ahead and fitted the part anyway but with no joy :cry: So I bypass the new door interlock as before by joining the live to the switched live and hey presto machine works. :confused:
Please tell me my new door interlock is faulty.

Sponsored Links
Normally when the door interlock fails the machine does not fill up or empty. I suppose the contacts might be burnt and still allowing enough current to flow to operate the water valves but the connection is breaking down under the extra load of operating the motor. :confused:

I am now on my second lot of washing with the machine working fine but with the door interlock bypassed. Do I need to return this door interlock for a replacement ?
When I test it am I correct in thinking I should get continuity between neutral and live ?.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back