Hotpoint Aquarius dishwasher FDW60 Fault

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Looking for some help re my Hotpoint Aquarius dishwasher FDW60.
Ive had it 4 or 5 years without a problem until the other day.

It starts the NORMAL cycle then before it begins a wash it cuts out and trips the house electric ring fuse.

Tried it a few times same result.

Had a look a minute ago and its not even starting the cycle.

No sound of water coming in the machine and the NORMAL light flashes.
All water inlet/outlet hoses are fine.

I am aware it will cost an arm and a leg to get an engineer to come out. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Really need to take the sides off to check the heater and main pump. A quick look can be had by looking at the PCB in the top of the door and see if it has any damage.

I assume that it is filling with water and then tripping out from your post so I would look at the circulation pump motor as a possible problem.
Heater circuits can be problematic with these at times.
Water leaks into the base can trip the power at times if the wiring loom gets wet.
Damaged wires especially where they go from the door into the base

Have Hotpoint Aquarius washing machine, and that was tripping mains, and was due to faulty main motor. Took the motor to the domestics place, they placed it on their test rig in the back of the shop..And all that was heard was BOOM!!!!!!!!! Fella came back in, looking shaken, saying yup it's broken! So suggest you start there.

An unrelated fault, a recent fault, a wire had shorted and burnt out and snapped, while resting against the motor, but it didn't affect the running of the machine(?) Seemed to be attached to a thermistor on the drying side.

I understand, not same equipment, but same manufacturer/brand range, maybe they use generic components.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back