Hotpoint Aquarius hole in tank

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm not a washing machine expert, so not sure if this part is called the tank or what? Anyway my machine, a 4-year-old Hotpoint AQ113D697E, started spilling out loads of water so I took a look under and this is what I found:

6MQG76x.jpg

EGhJlCA.jpg

How the hell has this whooping big hole appeared?

Has anyone seen this happen before?

Do you think it would be possible to patch with some sort of fibreglass kit? Or any recommendations?

I'm guessing replacing the whole "tank" (?) would cost nearly as much as replacing the whole machine.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Chris.

Sponsored Links
It would be a coin, that has been caught and thrown at the outer drum at high speed!!!!

I would not recommend repairing it.

Hotpoint do a fixed price repair for all parts and labour.

call them or buy a new one.

all the best.

A rather annoying (to say the least!) update -

I spoke Hotpoint on 25 Feb. They told me I was covered by a 5-year parts warranty but I would need to pay for labour. I explained the issue and they told me they would need to replace the drum/tank, however that part was not immediately available so I had to wait until 8 March (today).

They also tried to hard-sell me the monthly payment plan for their extended warranty service. I opted for the cheaper upfront single £110 payment.

Finally today, after trying to survive 2 weeks with small children and now washing machine, the engineered arrived. Our nanny was at home and she rang me 30 minutes after the Engineer arrived to say had left already having simply placed a patch on the hole!

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I have been trying to phone Hotpoint customer service to complain but have not been able to get through (I guess this tumble dryer safety debacle is keeping them busy).

I should have just patched the hole myself, saved £110, and saved the pain in backside of living without a washing machine for 2 weeks! FFS.

Sponsored Links
Here's a photo of the repair job by the Hotpoint "engineer". Can anyone comment if you think this is acceptable? Will the repair last?

CtsvbiT.jpg

Depends what the stuff is. Is it gonna stand up to water temp of 90 degrees. You got a 90 day Warrenty with it. Choice is yours get them to fit a drum or leave it as it is , if it leaks in 5 months time you got no comeback.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back