Hotpoint Aquarius WD62 not much water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Hotpoint Aquarius WD62 that has been absolutely brilliant until last week when the local water board did some maintenance on the water supply which put airlocks into our system (not sure this is related may just be coincidence).

Since around that time, when used the washer does not seem to be taking in enough water, a lot of the time it is barely visible. Clothes taken out that would normally be wringing wet are barely damp and even dry in places. No settings have been changed on the washer.

I will be disconnecting the washer from the supply to check flow, but wondered if this is a recognisable problem and if there is anything else i can investigate?

Cheers.

Sponsored Links
I think the reason you have not had a reply post is because this is a very unusual symptom. A washing machine will take in water initially irrelavent of the time it takes to take in the correct amount.(usually about 7Ltrs) It is monitered and controlled controlled by a pressure switch which is simply a narrow tube running vertically externally at the back of the tub.As the water rises the depth is duplicated up this narrow tube compressing the air in the top prtion of the tube to the point were it triggers a diapragm switch which then cuts out the feed via the programmer to the water inlet valves.Therefore in your case if indeed there is not enough water entering the tub look in this area. With no clothes in the tub it should fill to approx 1/4 to 1/3 of the way up the drum

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back