Hotpoint Aquarius WD640 - power problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have been given a Hotpoint washer-dryer by the in-laws (model WD640). It was working for them, it's been in their shed for a couple of months before being transported to my house.
I've connected the machine in my house but when I turn the power on at the socket the lights on the front of the machine flicker as though there is a loose wire/connection. I've checked the connectors and all seem ok, but it still either flickers or is just dead :(

The machine is about 2 years old. When the power did stay on for a few seconds it read F12 on the readout. Then it started to flicker again and went dead

Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Oh, i also forgot to mention, i think i pressed the start and cancel buttons a little too hard (partly out of frustration) and now the buttons are stuck in and don't click.....ooops. Have i broke the springs or plastic clips at the back of the buttons? If so, are they easy to fix/replace? :confused:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back