hotpoint aquarius wf630

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, and thank you to who ever helps me out, also to the owners off the site.

I have a hotpoint aquarius wf630 washing machine. It washed fine this morning, mrs put another load in and went out. I return home and find the electrics tripped out. Now the washing machine doesnt turn on nothing on the display. How ever i have taken the top of the machine to see if i have electric and i do it goes into what i believe is a capacitor (i may be wrong) from there i have a live current which goes to like a white control box on the bottom right of the machine. i have taken the front pannel off to press the on button and still nothing.

So what im thinking is this control box the problem? is there a fuse on this board?

Thanks for what ever help is received.

Sponsored Links
Not ones that you can easily identify as fuses or replace.

They use different componants to do current protection and even if a fuse had blown you have to find why and if anything else has failed.

common causes of PCB failure are
Door interlock failure
Motor brushes wearing down and damaging board
poor connections on the board
shoddy solder joints
heater short circuit
and the favourite componant failure - age/cheap parts/heavy use

Sponsored Links
It turned out to be, the motor went faulty and blow the pcb. Took extended warrenty out, they came and fixed it all for £9

Thanks for the help

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back