Hotpoint Aquarius WF640 display

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The display is showing the word 'test'. No mention of this in the manual. A friends 2 year old was discovered pressing every button in sight which would account for this, but how to clear it?
TIA
Geoff

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I'll answer my own post ...
I had exactly the same, and found the following:

"Hotpoint’s are designed to go into test mode when the start button and the on/off button are pressed at the same time. If you are stuck in Test mode, simply hold the start button down until it comes out of test mode, then hold both the start buttons and the on/off button down until you see ‘D:end’ (or similar message)."

Note, mine is a WF640 of about 6 months, and the message was D:OFF.

Taken from: http://www.pocket-lint.co.uk/printreview.php?reviewId=784 (in the user review section).

The fix above worked for me!

Sponsored Links
The display is showing the word 'test'. No mention of this in the manual. A friends 2 year old was discovered pressing every button in sight which would account for this, but how to clear it?
TIA
Geoff

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I'll answer my own post ...
I had exactly the same, and found the following:

"Hotpoint’s are designed to go into test mode when the start button and the on/off button are pressed at the same time. If you are stuck in Test mode, simply hold the start button down until it comes out of test mode, then hold both the start buttons and the on/off button down until you see ‘D:end’ (or similar message)."

Note, mine is a WF640 of about 6 months, and the message was D:OFF.

Taken from: http://www.pocket-lint.co.uk/printreview.php?reviewId=784 (in the user review section).

The fix above worked for me!

Thanks very much this fix has just worked for me also. Happy easter you saved me a call out charge.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back