hotpoint aquarius wma44 error codes ??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
help wanted,

i have a hotpoint aquarius extra wma44. it stops half way through its cycle, with 3 leds lit, (3,4,5) any ideas what might be the cause of this error code ??? i have cheacked the inlets and outlets all have no blockages..

dont really want to buy a new m/c

Sponsored Links
That fault can mean one of three things. Filter blocked , motor brushes worn , or heater faulty

Thanks, I've cleaned the filter out (it was blocked) but it still hasn't solved the problem.. I take a look for the price of a heater next
Cheers again

Sponsored Links
I haven't looked at the brushes, but I thought as the drum spins ok up to a point, my guess is that the motor is ok ???

Motor brushes wear gradually

First you will get poor spin on heavy loads, progressing to no spin on heavy and poor on medium. Eventually the motor will not operate at all but by then you also have a chance of the PCB/motor control being damaged and or the motor commutator.

New motor and or PCB then

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back