Hotpoint DF 41 E20 Fault

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I have a intermittent E20 fault on my hotpoint dishwasher.
I have found some info regarding thermistor fault or a dry joint under the connector plug to the thermister.
I am an engineer so am capable of fixing it if I could find it.
Can anyone tell me how or where to look for these parts or any other info on this problem.
When the machine does go it heats up and washes absolutely fine. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
i fixed one of these the other day. i decided to ignore the fault code and go for the usual probs. simply by cleaning out the hose from the metering tank to the sump the problem disappeared and it's working fine.

Thanks for your quick reply.
I will check that one .
I did have an E10 fault initially but found the water inlet filter blocked at the control valve so cured that one and its been fine then this one cropped up.
I must say what a great site.
If anyone has a service manual for one of these in any format I would like to hear from you.
Regards
helitopter

helitopter said:
If anyone has a service manual for one of these in any format I would like to hear from you.
Regards
helitopter

the manuals for most if not all appliances cost a lot of money each (so they told us at HP) i doubt if you will get your hands on one. good luck

Sponsored Links
Well hi again all.
I tried as said above and checked the sump pipe and it was clear.
I then followed another link I found and checked the power board located inside the door.There are a couple of transformers on there and also the connector to the thermister.After carefully removing the board I found numerous dry (cracked joints)especially on the rear of the connecter blocks also a few on the transformer connections.
After resoldering the joints and reassembly I have had no more probs to date.
So fingers crossed should get some more life out of the unit.
My neighbor is moving and threw it in the skip cause it had some error,s

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back