Hotpoint dishwasher problem - more information

Lav

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I'd previously asked for advice about a Hotpoint Aquarius slimline dishwasher (model DC26S) that isn't heating water but is drying dishes at the end of the cycle.

Have now realised that although the dishes are being dried, it is at a much lower temperature than the normal setting would discharge - items are barely tepid to the touch at the immediate end of the cycle, whereas normally they are almost impossible to touch/hold until they have cooled considerably.

Grateful if anyone could offer any suggestions as to possible causes.

My father, who was an ex-white goods repair man in his spare time (pre-lcd display era) has suggested that a thermostat might be faulty but I can't seem to find this item as a stand alone replacement part - only heat related items seem to be complete heater/element units at around £100, which makes it an expensive option to fit on a trial basis.

Item is outside Hotpoint's 5 year parts warranty so not looking very cost effective to repair professionally but would be capable of basic repairs myself if pointed in the right direction.

Many thanks

Andy

Sponsored Links
This is a Bosch made machine and the PCB behind the program select buttons suffers from a dry joint on the heater relay have a look at that.

Thanks for that - something I can have a look at.

What I did discover last night was that by pressing the two buttons on the control panel to end a cycle/reset the programme and then selecting a lower temperature wash (50 degree), the machine completed a cycle with warmer water and a hotter drying session - glasses noticeably hotter to the touch at the end of the cycle.

Does that add anything to the diagnostic equation or enforce the suspicion of the dry joint on the heater relay ?

If I do have a look at that, is there any particular type of lubricant that I should apply over another /

Many thanks again

Andy

Lubricant? Wrong type of joint. Soldering iron is what you need.

Sponsored Links
Cheers

I wasn't sure I understood the dry joint reference at first, and it must seem obvious that I was barking up the wrong tree completely, but I think I get the picture now.

If I get access to the PCB is the heater relay joint easily spotted ?

Does it differ from other connections to the Board in any way or is it a case of checking all of them for integrity ?

Thanks

Andy

When you open up the box containing the PCB you should see a burnt looking soldered joint,clean it up and re-solder, if that is the problem should cure it.

Thank you both - happy to go exploring this evening

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back