hotpoint dryer ctd00 lift pump stuck on

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello,,,my hotpoint dryer hasnt been pumping the water up to the water tray,,,after taking a look i realised the lift pump was broken,,,new pump came today and works fine,,,trouble is it wont turn off,,,its just stuck on continuasly,,,not responding to the misroswitch,,,just a new microswitch i assume???,,,ihad the switch apart today and cleaned the tiny parts but still not working right???,,,any ideas anyone???

Sponsored Links
can anyone help me out with this??? i took the microswitch apart and cleaned all the little brass bits inside,,,i cant see how it could be the microswitch as nothing inside of it can break,,,the lift pump is running continuasly whether the microswitch lever is switched up or down,,,the pump should only run when the float goes up and moves the lever to the on position on the microswitch,,,ive even unplugged all the wires going to the microswitch and still the pump runs continuasly,,,i assume this is how the pump burned out in the first place,,,this has me baffled,,,any help greatly appreciated.......

If it makes you feel any better I have the same issue. I've replaced the pump and the micro switch to no avail. Anyone know the answer?

Sponsored Links
Polystyrene float is jammed. There a long blue plastic stick that goes though the float to the micro switch.

It's not the float. If you take the pump unit off at the back, but switch the tumble dryer on, you can see that the pump is continuously running even if you manually activate the switch.

The tumble dryer works, but I'm guessing it's going to burn the new pump out fairly quickly.

Hi, did anybody find the answer to this as i have same problem with my hotpoint tcm570, lifting the micro switch works manually by making and breaking current between top terminal and middle one but the pump still carries on regardless...please could someone help...

Disconnect & insulate the wires from the switch one at a time. What happens then?

Hi JJ4091.
i have disconnected all the terminals one by one and everything is still going including the pump, it doesnt seem to matter which one i take off pump still runs continuously.
for the record the top terminal has one blue wire and one white wire into it, the middle term has a black wire and bottom term has a blue one..
any help much appreciated..

Many thanks

On some models the pump runs continuously during normal operation & the switch indicates a fault condition. This would suggest that yours may be like that or have a faulty control board, I'm afraid you would need to ring Hotpoint for a definitive answer. I presume you have checked the Hotpoint recall site to check if your machine needs modifying to stop it going on fire. I'm not sure but perhaps that may be one of the things they modify if it is covered by the recall.

Last edited:
you may be right mate,,,ive just moved house and got my dryer out of storage which is still not fixed since I posted this nearly two years ago,,,i just received the letter from hotpoint about them doing the upgrade to the machine for free......

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back