Hotpoint FDW80 dishwasher playing dead

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, My Hotpoint FDW80 fails to power on properly. That is, after turning on electricity mains power it will do the initial beep (as normal) but the LCD display is blank and not lit. Sometimes the beep is shortened, or not at all.

I removed the 4-wire comms cable that goes between timer module and display module. With the cable removed the display comes on 15 seconds after power up, showing AL-99. Does this mean the display module itself is OK?

The timer module has 4 LEDs, one of these (2nd in from PCB edge) does a slow on/off flash. Other 3 LEDs are all unlit. Is this normal or an error code? Does it show the timer board is running OK?

What I'm trying to do is diagnose if it needs a new module (and if so, which one), or if it's just a loose connection somewhere. Any pointers, questions or suggestions for things to try would be welcome! :)

Btw, I'm aware there are high voltages inside.

Thanks all.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back