Hotpoint FEW12P Bearings Gone

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The drum bearings on my Hotpoint FEW12P have gone. Hunting round the internet, I believe because I have a plastic drum pulley, that the bearings are the smaller 30mm type. This means I am quite likely to have to replace the spider and rear half of the drum as well as the bearings. This looks very expensive. However there is also a later type complete welded drum assembly for about £90.00 listed for this machine.

Does anyone know if I can just fit the later welded drum assembly or will some of my existing parts then not fit. For instance would I need to change to the aluminium pulley. Many thanks :confused:

Sponsored Links
If the filter Is at the front it's a welded tank. And no you can't swap the drums over diff parts

OK,

I thought that might be too easy :cry: .

My drum is definitely screwed together, not welded so it sounds as if I have no real option but to buy the rear half of the drum with the bigger 35mm bearings and a new spider. Do I need to change the pulley as well?

Many thanks.

No pulley stays, you will need to drill off old drum support as well parts are gonna cost you about 90 quid hotpoint do the whole lot for 105.

Sponsored Links
Thanks very much for your help.

From Hotpoint I'm getting £39.99 for the spider and £90.00 for the outer drum rear. I can't see a kit that does the whole lot.

Regards

Part num for drum is 1605082 that the rear half bearings and heater and drum seal. Then you need the 35 mm drum support work that out pricewise ,cos they will supply and fit all parts for £105

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back