Hotpoint Ultima WF860 - water gushing out of soap tray

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Please, please, please can anyone help. On our washing m/c during the rinse on about the first spin, water gushes out of the soap tray. I have:-
- cleaned the tray out
- removed the tray and compartment to check the hose down to the drum
- checked the pump for blockages
- renewed the control board

All fine. I am now at the point of being defeated :(

Any ideas out there?

Sponsored Links
Ok, update on the washing machine:-

I have just found a small cage with a ball in it at the water exit point on the drum. I am presuming this must be a filter cage as it was obviously doing a good job filtering a load of sweet wrappers, a buckle, an allen key and £1.83 worth of loose change. Started another cycle now so fingers crossed. :confused:

It worked!!!

Hopefully this posting may help someone else with the same problem.

doesnt look like it worked to me.

it seems to have taken a very long time :LOL:

2nd post Posted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 10:38

3rd post posted Sun Jul 06, 2008 18:14

Sponsored Links
Hello i was wondering where the location of the drain pump also tub to pump hose and also that small ball is is i have the same problem!

It would help me out a great deal!

Thanks
Jay

OK i have tried looking at the grey hose and it looks like its connected to something on the right....

I guess its a pump or something because there is a big black hose coming from the drum...

I know the i had 2 missing paddles and it decided to shew up some socks t-shirt ect and thats why its leaking from the soap draw.....

Anymore help in how to solve this problem would be cool..

Thanks again

undo the black sump under the drum ignore the pump ,the filter is blocked with socks .the lifter can be cable tied to the drum look at the post made a few days ago with pics .use my name for ref to the post

Hey buddy is there any way putting a link on this post as i cant seem to find it....

Also is the black sump that big pipe by any chance??

Thanks again.

yes black pipe with jubilee clip round it

I undone the clip for the sump and found a sock and some very defaced money LOL i guess its been blocked for a little while....

Anyway i will let you know if the problem has been sorted out :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back